Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Progress: Crochet Creche

Hi readers! My blog has moved to https://quietplacesribbonsandlaces.wordpress.com/. Please look there for new updates.


I've been working on a project for my mom.  We picked out the yarn together last Christmas and the goal is for me to have it all crocheted by Thanksgiving so it can go up with the Christmas decorations right afterward.  You can find the pattern here.  (unfortunately due to copyright laws I can't post a picture of what my project is supposed to look like)


I was surprised to start crocheting and realize the figurines are HUGE.  Well, they're pretty big.  See below picture of my hand+donkey.



9/16/2014
So far I've finished the donkey and baby Jesus, minus facial details.  I'm waiting on the details because they're my weakness and I want to dedicate an entire day/afternoon to getting them perfect, not rushing to move on to the next piece.

Next up: Mary!

No comments:

Post a Comment