Sunday, September 14, 2014

Irish Crochet Practice

Hi readers! The patterns associated with this post have moved to my new blog at the following links: 

Tiny Flower

Old Posts:

I've been working on some "practice" Irish crochet motifs before my new thread and hooks come in next week.

First I tried some doily motif's from a copy of The Harmony Guide to Crochet Stitches.  I don't have a small enough hook yet, so they're too loose, but getting used to working with thread instead of yarn was the most important goal. The motifs are called Mica and Floribunda.


Next I moved on to some free form crochet based on some pictures I've seen around on Irish crochet.  I ended up developing the patterns below for the tiny flower and the 3 petal flower (stem added in picture below).

Tiny flower



Three-petal flower





1 comment:

  1. So dainty and delicate! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing. 8-)

    ReplyDelete